Accounts Receivable/Asset Management
Accounts Receivable/Inventory Clerk – Job Description Northern Arapaho Tribal Industries
The Accounts Receivable/Inventory Clerk, is responsible for collecting payments for NATI/WRI, organizing and communications to collect the payments from clients and customers, track payments, make banking deposits and maintain an inventory system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- ● Maintain bookkeeping databases and spreadsheets, updating information as needed
- ● Create reports that document transactions
- ● Communicating with customers to better understand financial needs and report that information to the GL Accountant and Billing Manager
- ● Managing basic office administrative tasks including filing, printing, reporting and emailing
- ● Recording and processing all packing and shipping slips accordingly
- ● Support internal and external audit requirements
- ● Maintaining bookkeeping and office accounting needs with the GL Accountant
- ● Collecting payments and updating accounts and receivable records
- ● Scheduling inventory and ordering for department managers
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
- ● Written and verbal communication skills are necessary. Accounts Receivable Clerk will communicate with clients, requesting payment or setting up payment plans.
- ● Strong project management skills are required as there will often be multiple projects at one time.
- ● Organizational skills are crucial, it will be required to closely pay attention to detail and ensure that records and reports are accurate.
- ● Advanced computer skills are useful. Accounts Receivable Clerk will work with accounting and bookkeeping computer programs to identify past due accounts and to report payments.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Google applications preferred.
● Hands-on knowledge of accounting software required (QuickBooks preferred).
● Thorough knowledge and demonstrated skills in matters related to accounting and financial policies, procedures, and reporting.
● Basic understanding of U.S. GAAP required.
● Basic financial reconciliation skills.
● AA/BA degree in Accounting or Finance; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
● Minimum of 1 year of relevant accounting experience required. 3-5 years is preferred. Prior experience or familiarity in a finance or business operations related environment is highly desirable.
The above statements and job description are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed within this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and tasks. Other similar or additional duties are to be performed or assigned. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. Northern Arapaho Tribal Industries/Wind River Internet maintains its status as an at-will employer.